Scottish Schools’ FA – Schools Quality Award
The objective of the Award Scheme is to encourage and recognise:
- The provision of football in schools for both boys and girls at local and national level.
- The attainment of Scottish FA coaching certificates by team coaches.
To assist team coaches achieve the necessary coaching certificates, support may be
given via the Scottish FA Regional offices to assist with course fees. The possibility
of bespoke courses across regions may be available if a minimum group of 12 coaches
can be guaranteed. These should be agreed via Regional SSFA Representatives and
Scottish FA Regional Managers.
The award will be valid for three years. Assistance will be provided to overcome any
variance from the criteria (see appendix 1).
- Register an interest in the scheme early in a season preferably in
August/September (see appendix 2) and detail any assistance required during
the season to meet the criteria, most likely to meet the coaching requirements.
- Complete the application form (see appendix 3) at the end of the season in
May or during the season if the criteria are achieved earlier.
Awards will be ratified by the SSFA and presented at the earliest available date.
- Forms can be downloaded from the SSFA website
- Forms to be forwarded (email or post) to the SSFA Office for the attention of John Watson, General Secretary
- All contact re the programme should be with the SSFA Office
- The programme will be monitored by the SSFA Office and the SSFA Regional Representatives.